click here Before I begin I just want to put a HUGE disclaimer in here and state that I am by no means a skincare expert whatsoever. I have a passion for skincare and I really do enjoy looking after my skin but please also do your own research and do not take what I have written blindly – I’m simply sharing what worked for me and hopefully you can take some inspiration from it. Today’s post is going to focus on MY MORNING SKINCARE, but my evening skincare should be up soon, so rest assured I’ve got you guys covered. I’ve tried to be detailed, but of course if you have any questions I’ll be happy to answer them.
follow link So lets talk a little bit about how I became a slight skincare fanatic. I started getting into skincare around 4-5 years ago I was around 19 years old, It was when I had just started University and I was commuting to London everyday on the underground and my skin honestly just looked TERRIBLE. It was full of blemishes, dry, dull and just urgh.
opzioni binarie sul lotto I actually remember myself searching ‘How to have clear skin’ on youtube one day on the train on the way home from University and suddenly coming across all these “Skincare Routines”- something I had genuinely never heard before or ever even thought of. Skincare Routine? I was so baffled, I didn’t understand why people had so many products that they would use on their face and also the fact that they did it EVERY NIGHT?! It was like a whole new world for me, and I was so intrigued by it that I started to dig a little deeper and slowly but steadily I became slightly obsessed.
single wohnung ludwigsburg Every night before bed I would google like crazy- I wanted to know what a cleanser was, what a toner was used for, why people did things in the order they did and THEN I stumbled across the blog of the absolute skincare queen- Caroline Hirons. If you haven’t heard of Caroline Hirons before (you’ve been living under a rock), HER BLOG IS A MUST READ. If you are new to skincare, her blog will teach you so so much! She has everything covered from routines, to ingredients in products you should be avoiding, to how to cope with acne. She’s the real deal, she knows what she is talking about.
After reading this post, you will see that almost all my skincare knowledge has come from her and her routines. She has a specific way of doing things and honestly if I ever met her I would cry because I love her THAT much. She changed my skin. And now here I am, hoping to pass on a little bit of my knowledge and inspire you- the same way she inspired me.
You might be wondering, do I really need to put my skin through all of those products. No. You don’t. This is what works for me. Some people prefer a simplistic skincare routine whilst others (me) prefer to use a slightly more complicated one – however you will see that my morning skincare routine is quite simple (in comparison to my evening one).
Its personal preference and in all honesty its also a bit of trial and error. You can’t just copy someones skincare routine word for word and expect it to work for you because more than likely it won’t- we are all unique. I used Caroline Hirons blog as a guide. I don’t follow everything she does word for word and thats simply because not everything worked for me- we all have different skin. So take inspiration from the products that I use, create your own little routine and take care of your skin. You only get one face guys. Look after your skin like you look after your designer handbags and shoes and your most prized possessions. Its precious, give it some love.
Right now here is where things get a little bit more substantial, so stop reading this – go grab a snack (or a plate of biryani) and focus because I’m gonna break my morning skincare routine down for you step by step.
trend on line MORNING SKINCARE ROUTINE
Now quite a few people have asked me, do I need to cleanse my face in the morning. And my answer is YES. Please please guys, wash your face in the morning. It will do your skin SO MUCH GOOD. The whole point of a morning skincare routine is to prep your skin for the day. Its necessary. It doesn’t have to be long or complicated, but cleansing is an ABSOLUTE must.
- Step 1 – Cleanse/Wash your face:
- This is MANDATORY for everyone. Everyone (Yes, even if you don’t wear makeup). A cleanser is designed to dissolve away any excess oil, grime, dirt and makeup off your face. Your skin does not remain clean throughout the night as you sleep. It generates sweat and dirt. You do not want that dirt to then stay on your face until the evening of the next day. Wash it. You can use a face wash at this point if you would like, but I generally tend to use a cleanser as I find it much more effective. Whenever I cleanse my skin, I like to remove the cleanser with a clean wet flannel with warm (NOT HOT) water- Again, this is just my preference but it is not necessary. You can just wash it off with your hands. Its entirely up to you. Below are some of my favourite morning cleansers that I would recommend (I’ve tried to include ones in different price ranges to suit everyones budget)
- Step 2 – Apply a Hydrating Toner (Either with a cotton pad or spritz it onto your face:
- Now a lot, and I mean a LOT of people chemically exfoliate in the morning at this stage with an exfoliating toner such as the Pixi Glow Tonic. And I do, sometimes. But very very rarely. What is an exfoliating toner? Its a toner that chemically exfoliates your skin with acid (rather than physically like those beaded scrubs). I know that sounds terrifying LOL, but it basically wakes your skin up and kick starts it into action.
So why don’t I do this? Simple, my skin is sensitive to acids. I have to really make sure I do not overdo the acid in my routine.Which is why I leave the acid out of my morning routine and incorporate it into my evening skincare routine instead.
But if you’ve got tougher skin and your skin reacts well to acid, then please do incorporate it into your routine. Instead of using an acid toner, I like to go for something hydrating (Especially in these winter months) as my skin can get quite dry in places and it can always do with a bit of extra hydration. Some of my favourites are:
Pure Rose Water (Please make sure it is good quality rosewater and not full of chemicals) – I like to put my rosewater in a spray bottle and spritz it on my face. It wakes me up and makes me feel so energised in the mornings
If you want to incorporate Acid into your routine, then go in with an exfoliating toner in Step 2 followed by a hydrating toner as an additional step after. My recommendations for an exfoliating toner:
- Step 3 – Eye Cream (Optional):
- I’ve put optional here because it isn’t necessary for everyone- but for me it is an essential. Always put your eye cream on before your serums/moisturisers otherwise it will not absorb into your skin, hence a waste of your money.
- In all honesty, I’ve got hereditary dark circles (it runs in my family) and no matter what I use, I’ve come to the realisation that I probably always will have some darkness underneath my eyes. I use eye cream mainly because I want to moisturise and nourish the skin under my eyes as it is so so delicate and it can get dry very easily.
- I love makeup, and I find that popping on an eye cream and incorporating it into my routine really helps my concealer apply and sit way better (less creasing). Please make sure when applying eye cream that you don’t apply too much, you just need a little bit and gently pat it under both eyes.
- Step 4 –Serum/Facial Oils (Optional):
- Again, I’ve put this as optional as it is not essential BUT if you can afford to put one into your routine I would highly recommend in doing so as I feel like this is the part of my skincare routine which personally makes the biggest difference to my skin.
- I am a huge HUGE fan of facial oils, and to be quite honest they are the only type of serums I tend to use in the morning. I just love how easily they absorb into my skin, and ever since I started incorporating facial oils into my routine- my skin took a turn for the better. WAY BETTER. If there is a part of your routine you want to invest the most into, this is where. A good quality serum will make a huge difference to the overall appearance of your skin.
- With serums, you do not need to spend forever warming up the product in your hands. Theres no need. A few drops of facial oil patted into your skin is all you need. Get the product onto your fingertips and pat onto your face. Job done – Again, this is what works for me. If you hate facial oils, go for a more traditional serum instead.
Some of my favourites are:
- Step 5– Moisturiser:
- This is another essential step in your routine. For me, since I almost always use a facial oil in Step 4, depending on my mood I sometimes skip moisturiser as my skin is normally hydrated enough. But if you do not apply serum, it is an absolute necessity to moisturise after toning! Moisturiser is your skins protection and will help keep your skin nourished. I’m not too fussy with moisturiser, I prefer to spend my money in my serums and my cleansers but here are a few I would recommend:
MV Organic Rose Soothing & Protective Moisturiser (High End) – £25.00 for 15ml – I adore this in the mornings as it makes my skin soooo smooth before makeup application but it is defo a pricey option.
And there you have it guys, thats my guide for a morning routine.
If you are completely new to skincare, I would suggest you cleanse, tone and moisturise (Step 1, 2 and 5) as your basic routine. The other steps are optional, but highly recommended.
The Liz Earle Cleanse, Tone & Moisturise Pack is a GREAT place to start. I have all of these, and I love them all and its what I started out with when I was new to the skincare world.
I’ve tried to be quite thorough and although I’ve included several options here- There will also be lots more product recommendations in my evening skincare post. There is no hard or fast rule in what products you can use in the morning and what you can use at night. I’ve just written the ones I prefer in the morning but you can definitely also use the ones I’ll include in my evening skincare routine if that is something you prefer!
I will also be doing a separate blog post PURELY on product recommendations in each and every skincare category in your routine so they will all be in one place for you! I have so many ideas and ambitions for my blog but trying to juggle it with wedding planning is quite time-consuming so please stick with me! I appreciate you all so much!